Wednesday, March 4

Snowflakes are falling on my head

 We have had some crazy weather lately for us Texans. I feel like I have spent 90% of my times inside because of the cold temperatures and SNOW/sleet. When it snows in Texas life stops and everyone shuts down. I kind alike that though..its nice to slow down for a bit…though now that we have had what feels like weeks of this I am ready for the warm sunshine! It was fun to see little bit experience her first snow/sleet. She was skeptical at first but then warmed up to it..I think she mainly just didn't' like her pink snow suit because she can't move well in it and girlfriend likes to move! We had fun playing in the snow for a little bit each time! Also it is always a fun bonus to have daddy trapped at home with us!!










 We woke up another morning to it snowing so we stepped out on the balcony to try and catch some flakes in our hands! *ignore that I am in shorts..it took long enough to get little bit bundled that I could of cared less what I had on by that point*


After nap time we went out again to catch a few flakes on our tongue..how this girl knew to do this is beyond me! How perfect is this weather for our "Little Miss Snowflake" onesie! 

It snowed so much this day…pretty hard and constant all day long! We went back out for a second time later to much more snow! We got smart and took a blanket with us this time! WG kept wanting to eat the snow!


Notice the snow on our hat…we fell over because she refuses to sit normal in her pink suit! Funny girl!




 We only spend a few minutes outside before we are all freezing and ready to head inside, so we have been pulling out all the tricks to keep little bit entertained! Even bedtime story time got an upgrade! She was fascinated with all the little pieces to go with The Very Hungry Catepillar.
Story I don't want to forget: When the husband is home in time for bedtime he reads her a story, so since he was home all day he got to do it this night! I was in the living room picking up and half way listening to them in her room. I over heard him reading the story to her and when he got to the part about when the caterpillar eats all of the junk food he proceeds to add on that the caterpillar may get diabetes so we don't eat like that, and what it means to eat healthy…glad he is trying to instill healthy eating habits to our 9 month old :)


We painted…this was fun because I could leave it up and she would come back to it through out the day! I think the camo tape was a nice touch too! 


We brought in some snow for little bit to play with and she loved it! She went straight to eating it..I think because she is teething it felt good on her gums! 

I thought her hands must be frozen after playing in the snow for so long so I put gloves socks on her…that was obviously not what she wanted! Frozen hands are so much better!

We played with all of our baby dolls…a lot. I think we have a girly girl on our hands!

..and of course one of our favorite activities..playing with mommas makeup..the bag full of the most exciting things according to WG!



Funny enough as I write this we are waiting on another "arctic blast" to make its way through our area…so perhaps more snow(s) day are in in our new future! Happy Weslee Wednesday!

4 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness love how your husband said all that to her about the junk food. totally precious!!! Did the food come with the book or did you get it somewhere else? That is our all time favorite book and may just be our first birthday theme.

    The camo duct tape makes a regular appearance around here too haha :) Whatever works right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the food from Lakeshore a few years back when I was teaching 1st grade! I'm sure they still have it…your sweet girl NEEDS it for sure :) What a fun birthday theme!!
      Glad we aren't the only camo duct tape users :)

      Delete