Wednesday, January 29

23 weeks....Babygap and Bow addiction



(First update picture in Weslee's Nursery...in 17 short weeks she will be sleeping in that crib!!)

How far along? 23 weeks  (yes I skipped week 22...not much changed anyways, life just got busy!)
Baby Size: Ear of Corn. Baby girl is 8.5 inches long, 1.5 lbs (I'm guessing she is a little more since she was a about 2 oz bigger than normal last time we went to the doctor)
Baby Gender: GIRL!!!!!!
Total weight gain: 17 pounds..or more who knows! 
Maternity clothes? Still only have one pair of jeans and making it work! So thankful that leggings and tunic tops are in style right now! 
Stretch marks? So far so good...keeping fingers crossed!
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty good, waking up a couple of times a night to go to the restroom but getting used to that! Little girl's favorite time to move all about inside is between the wee hours of 1am-5 am, hoping this is not a sign of how our sleep schedule will be in the real world :) 
Best moment this week: The husband got to feel Weslee kick Monday during the day! I had felt her kick pretty strong so I told him to come try and feel, and after about 2 seconds with his hand on my stomach she kicked the hardest she has kicked yet! It was so fun to see his face light up and he was beyond excited! We both have been feeling her more and more, it is such a fun feeling!! 
Miss Anything? Being able to wear anything in my closet...
Movement: She is moving lots more and I can feel her moving stronger. She is way more active at night when we are sitting on the couch relaxing or right before bed time! 
Food cravings: Nothing earth shattering these past 2 weeks. Tried to cut back on the morning donut stops since I have my Glucose test coming up! Still really want fruit and milk a lot! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, feeling pretty good! 
Labor Signs: Not a thing..thank goodness!! 
Symptoms: Starting to get more headaches again and my lower back has been hurting pretty much daily. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in..thinking it will switch any week now, and yes the husband is still grossed out by it! This is so strange to me, he is a boy, of all the things he does a belly button grosses him out?!?!?
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: According to the husband my mood goes as followed: Grumpy and tired and the morning repeating my two quotes in the morning "It's cold!" and "I don't want to go to school, do I have too?" and then once I am up and going I am fine, and then by the time I come home I am tired and just want to take a shower and go to bed. He says I am quite predictable these days! 
Looking forward to: My mom and I started on the nursery on Martin Luther King day since we were off of school, so I am really excited to see everything starting to come together! By far though this is the hardest room I have ever decorated, because I think I want it to be so perfect for her...and I change my mind ever two seconds! 

Mom and I went to register at Babies R Us this past weekend...that was quite the experience! I remember registering for our wedding and man that was a breeze compared to a baby registry!  Lucky one of my dear friends, Ashley, came over a couple of weeks ago and went through a list with me and told me what I really needed and what I could get away with not having! She is on baby number two..so I consider her a pro..and I'm really thinking about paying her to live with me the first months of Weslee's life because she is the best at getting her babies to sleep through the night! :) While we were out we stopped by Baby Gap to check out the new Paddington Bear line....if you are having a baby in the near future RUN as fast as you can (or just get online :) ) and check this out now!! This line has the cutest clothes, which is a good thing but a bad thing for my bank account..here are a few that I purchased for Weslee...




Baby girl's closet is filling up quickly...Will informed me that I have been cut off for the month of February in the shopping for Weslee department (which hasn't even started yet!!!!) ..this will be hard!!!...don't worry to much though because I know I have one more shipment coming from baby gap any day now! :)  
Another addiction I have right now is bows and headbands! I truly think she needs them ALL and I just keep finding ones that are so cute Her ever growing stash..

I will leave you with a picture of a visitor we had stay with us this past Monday :) ...she is a great study buddy! 

No comments :

Post a Comment