Wednesday, December 3

Making your holly Christmas hoLy

I absolutely love Christmas time (just ask my husband who has put up with Christmas songs blasting since about early November...) and probably even more so this year now that little bit is here! I know she is only 6 months old but it is so neat to just see all things Christmas through her eyes. Everything is new, everything is perfect, everything is bright and shiny, everything is holly and jolly! I want her to have a love for Christmas just like I do as she grows up but I also want her to remember why we even have Christmas.  Yes the hustle and bustle of the season is so much fun, the family gatherings are fun, the lights are extradoinare, I adore Christmas songs  but without our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ their would be no meaning to Christmas.

This morning at my Women's Bible study I had the privilege of listening to this woman speak about "making your holly Christmas hoLy." In my opinion it is easy to have a holly Christmas, but is not so easy to make sure it is a hoLy Christmas as well, even if their is only 1 letter difference in these two words..the real difference is huge. The lady said that it should be a 'hoLy' Christmas and that the capital "l" should stand for Lord. She gave us many ideas of how we can keep Jesus in the fore front of our minds through the season, which many of her ideas I plan to implant in our home and begin some new traditions. I love that I heard this wonderful lady speak during this time of my life as we are just starting family traditions, and I really have at least one more year before Weslee Grace can really be involved, but I would like to start some things now to make sure we get a good foundation going!

Just so I remember and don't forget, some of the things that I want to do during our Christmas season are an advent calendar (we have one now for our whole family, but next year I want to do one that is more geared to Weslee..maybe the Jesse Christmas Tree Advent), read and leave open the bible to Luke 2 by our tree, learn a Christmas Carol each year (I might up this to 2-3 a year) -- she said they used Christmas Carol's as bed time stories which I loved (my husband I know will be thrilled about this one..it amazes me that he doesn't know the words to some Christmas Carols and I amaze him because my mom and I can win any Christmas Carol contest around :) ), there are some others as well but I am going to try and not overwhelm myself! What are some Christmas traditions that you have?? I would love to hear them!!

I have so enjoyed my Women's Bible study this year and getting to know some amazing women! I was so skeptical at first and was afraid that I wouldn't be in a  group that I really felt at home but I was blessed with an amazing group and leader! So funny how I am surprised every time when things word out like his but God knows exactly what he is doing…every.single.time! I have met some wonderful ladies and mommas, and I know that many of those friendships have just begun!

Here are a few pictures from our Christmas celebration this morning..it was a red and white themed celebration!









Our sweet friends Charlotte and Sarah!









Please check out Weslee Grace's face….oh sweet girl! 

Love this little family and so thankful for so many years of friendships and ALL of her wonderful advice! :) I just know that Weslee Grace and those sweet Baker boys are going to be the best of friends! 

Would love to hear what your Christmas traditions are or how you help keep Jesus in Christmas for your family?

No comments :

Post a Comment