Wednesday, May 7

Weslee Wednesday II Round 3 - Final Nursery Reveal



How far along? 37 weeks and 2 days
Baby Size: Watermelon!! According to our app she is about 19-22 inches, and 6.5 lbs. Though we went to the doctor on Monday and my doctor informed us she is guessing that little girl is weighing in currently at a whopping 7.5 lbs!! A whole extra pound bigger than average thanks to my steroids I have to take! Yikes! 
Baby Gender: GIRL!!!!!!
Total weight gain: 30 plus! Yikes!! 
Maternity clothes? I feel like I have been living in the same 5-10 outfits these past couple of weeks! Thank goodness for maxi dresses and maternity jeans, and having jeans days at school! I can not wait to be able to wear my normal clothes again! I love maxi dresses but one can only wear them for so long! 
Stretch marks? I think I spotted my first one yesterday morning. I lathered on the oil in hopes to stop them in their tracks. I feel like I am so close that hopefully they will hold off, but with little girl and my belly growing at rapid speed not sure if I will be so lucky!
 Sleep: I'm not sleeping for long periods of time but luckily I am not waking up tired. 
Best moment this week: Completely finishing Weslee's nursery (pictures at the bottom of the post), washing all of our cloth diapers, and 0-3 clothes! We also installed the car seat into my car! We are ready for her to come whenever she is ready!! I am hoping that is sooner than later! 
Miss Anything? Being able to walk more than 5 minutes without having to turn around and go back to go to the restroom, not being exhausted by just doing daily things. 
Movement: I can tell she is getting bigger by her movements! Instead of lots of little punches and kicks, she is doing more big rolls and big movements. It is very entertaining for Will and I to watch her move at night! She loves to push her bottom out as well! 
Food cravings:Fruit!! I can't seem to get enough! Also chocolate ice cream!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think one of the side effects I am dealing with from the steroids is feeling queasy after I take them. It doesn't happen every time I take them but enough to where I notice! 
Labor Signs: Having the occasional Braxton Hicks, but the doctor said Monday that I had made 0 progress! Will was really grateful to hear that since he finishes up finals on Friday and would really prefer her to stay in until then! Me on the other hand would be more than happy if she came at any moment! 
Symptoms: Still having back aches and my feet have been killing me lately! 
Belly Button in or out? No change..still just flat! 
Wedding rings on or off? On..though I'm not sure if I will be able to wear them for to much longer. 
Mood: Feeling pretty good..even the husband agrees! I have began feeling a little anxious about bringing home a newborn but know that we will figure it out as we go! 

Now for the important part...Weslee's nursery reveal!! (minus her closet, still a few minor things to work on that require the husbands help!) This room was a labor of love for me! I love decorating rooms and I just thought that this one would be the easiest ever. Oh. I. Was. WRONG! I changed my mind a million times, would do something and then decide I didn't like it, worried about their being to much pink and a million other things! I think I have finally reached a point where I am very happy with how everything turned out! 

(Sorry the lighting is terrible in these pictures but I am no photographer :)...might have to do with the fact we need to invest in a good camera before sweet girl gets here!)

Here is the view from the door:
My husband cut out the monogram for me and he found the old door on the side of the road one day and brought it home as surprise for me! He also hand built the crib from scratch based on this crib from Restoration Hardware! He is amazing, and I am so lucky to have him! I know that this piece of furniture will always hold so much meaning to me! We decided to go with a neutral theme for her bedding (in hopes to save it for another baby one day..I'm sure I'll want something else by then. oops!) from Restoration Hardware. 







                                                     bedding  Rug  Rocker                    

My husband built me this frame and I painted on the quote I had found on the Internet, then punched out little gold circles from scrapbook paper to hang around it! This would be one of those labor of love pieces! At first the background was black and the letters were gold but then I decided I didn't like that so I completely changed it!  The sweet rocker was a present from my in-laws, and I love how it fits perfectly in the nursery! I believe that it was the first thing we had with her name on it! 





Sorry about the glowing light in the background! My mom and I worked on the hanging fabric banner and her name in the picture frames! This is where I had a hard time with all the pink but I think it pulled everything together in the end! I know that I will have to move it eventually when she starts standing in her crib! 


 The banner in this pictures is from one of my baby showers! I loved all of the scrapbook paper pages and the colors fit perfectly in the nursery! I wanted to tie in the yellow from the rug so the ribbon on the "W" really helped out. I found the "W" at hobby lobby one day before we even knew if we were having a girl or a boy! I told Will that if we didn't have  girl (because our boy names doesn't start with a W) than the W would be for him! I love the headband holder I found at Hobby Lobby as well! I do not know what I will do if Hobby Lobby really goes out of business!  The alligator was just a fun item I found, that I think will use to take her monthly pictures by! 


Her changing table is a piece of furniture that my grandparents had that was made by someone in my family a long time ago! I took it with my to college but had it painted white! I had asked my husband to strip it and stain it for me, telling him that I think there was only about 2 coats of paint on it....apparently there was about 6. Good thing he loves me! I took the bottom drawer out to hold one set of our cloth diapers so that I would have easy access to them. The first two drawers are filled with the sweetest baby clothes! The mirror was an old mirror that Will had before we even got married that I just wrapped burlap around to make the frame match the nursery! The tin trashcan  is what we are using for our Diaper pail. I just couldn't seem to make a regular diaper pail work with our nursery! I love how this one doesn't really stand out! 


This is a corner of the room that I know we will be spending lots of time in. I can't wait to have her here to rock in that chair! The shelf holds most of the items we will need during diaper changes. It is from Hobby Lobby as well, I even have another one in my kitchen I loved this item so much! 



Happy Weslee Wednesday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment