Wednesday, May 28

Weslee Wednesday - 40 plus weeks


I can't believe that I have been so bad about updating the blog, but things have just been super busy lately. I finished up my last days of teaching last week and got my classroom packed up! It was a bittersweet day, and I am going to miss teaching and my sweet kiddos! Happy to know that they are in good hands with a substitute that used to teach 2nd grade! We have been getting all the last minute things ready for Weslee's arrival too! 

My in-laws bought us a new camera and I can't wait to use it! I have a lot to learn but luckily I will have a sweet little girl to spend hours photographing! If you have any tips or know where I can learn about how to use the camera best I would love to hear it! 


We had an appointment with our doctor this morning to check on our sweet girl. They performed a non-stress test and little girl passed with flying colors and still seems quite comfy inside! My doctor is going out of town on Friday morning to take her boys to the Bahamas (might be a little jealous) so we are being induced tomorrow morning at 6 am! As in we will have a little girl by Friday *hopefully*!!! My doctor is leaving Friday at 11am so we are on quite the schedule..lets hope a little someone cooperates! We are beyond excited and I don't think there is going to be much sleeping in the Buck house tonight! :) 
(Right before we went out to dinner as our last official Saturday date night! We ate at a The Cheesecake Factory, and then topped off the night with snow cones of course! ...still working on using the camera, since I cut off the husbands head! ) 

How far along? 40weeks and 2 days
Baby Size: Watermelon!! According to our app she is about 19-22 inches, and over 7 lbs. Though we are pretty sure she is more between 8-9 pounds! Our little chunky monkey!
Baby Gender: GIRL!!!!!!
Total weight gain: We weighed today at our last appointment and I have gained about 40 pounds total! Holy Moly! Can't wait to lose the weight!! 
Maternity clothes? Living in about the same 5 dresses! Looking forward to going shopping in my closet soon to see what all I have been missing! 
Stretch marks? ugh yes! They go away in the morning and then show back up at night so not so sure what that means. I'm hoping that means they are just going to magically go away after sweet girl is here! 
 Sleep: It has been pretty great lately, just waking up a couple times a night to go to the restroom! 
Best moment this week:  Knowing that no matter what we will be meeting our daughter before the week is over!!  I can't believe that it is finally here. So many emotions have been going through my head this week but mainly just so excited! 

Also...We have know for a couple of weeks now to but I don't think I have shared on the blog (If so just ignore this..and I blame pregnancy brain!) but we found out that my brother and sister-in-law are going to be having a baby girl in October!! We are beyond thrilled for them and I am so excited that Weslee is going to have a sweet cousin close to her age! I can't wait for the holidays to roll around this year with two babies! Bring on the matching outfits! Now we just need to get the brother through residency and have them move back to Texas!   Weslee is on top in the picture and Baby Tunnell is on the bottom! It is so funny to me how different they look in their sonogram pictures, which were taken at about the same time! I think Weslee is going to be the chunkier baby! :) 

Miss Anything? Wearing anything that I want, not having to go the restroom all the time. 
Movement: I can tell she is getting bigger by her movements! Instead of lots of little punches and kicks, she is doing more big rolls and big movements. It is very entertaining for Will and I to watch her move at night! She loves to push her bottom out as well! 
Food cravings: Snow cones!! We found a snow cone place about 5 minutes from us...not a good thing! I can already tell I'm going to have to limit myself when I no longer have the excuse of being pregnant! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think one of the side effects I am dealing with from the steroids is feeling queasy after I take them. It doesn't happen every time I take them but enough to where I notice! 
Labor Signs: No signs! The doctor said my cervix is softening a little, I really think she is just trying to make me feel better and doesn't want to tell me no progress again! 
Symptoms: Still having back aches and my feet have been killing me lately! 
Belly Button in or out? Out but flat! Unless I wear thin material clothing you can't tell that my belly button is out!
Wedding rings on or off? On! 
Mood:Anxious and excited! Can't believe we are about to meet our little girl! 

Check back soon to meet our sweet girl! We can't wait to meet her and introduce her to everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment