Tuesday, June 23

The Ellie Project

Most of you know that I went to Baylor and cheered for 3 out of my 4 years there...and LOVED it! I was on the All-Girl team for all three years! The first year that I cheered there was a girl names, Bailey, on the co-ed team. I didn't know Bailey well but knew of her, and knew that she was the type of person that you looked up to. She was sweet, kind, and seemed like a great leader to me. 
Fast forward a few years, all the way to 2012...and I saw a post on faceboook that Bailey's husband had been diagnosed with cancer. This was his second round with cancer, and eventually this time it would take his precious life. They have a little girl just a few years old as well. Bailey was so open during their struggle and battle with cancer and even wrote about it on a blog. During her husbands, Andrew, battle with cancer he decided he wanted to leave a legacy behind ( and oh my goodness did he!!) that would encourage and inspire others. I never met him and really probably have said a total of 5 words to Bailey but they are both such an inspiration.  He wrote not only one book but TWO! One book called A Gray Faith (highly recommend it) that was published about a month before he passed away and alsoThe Ellie Project that Bailey had published just recently.  The Ellie project is named after his sweet daughter and consists of love letters to her that will help teach her as she grows up. You can check out a better synopsis of their amazing story at The Ellie Project.  Bailey also has a blog that she writes that is inspiring within itself Bailey Heard.

I ordered a copy of the book for little bit not knowing if she would take interest to it or not but I wanted to have a copy for when she was older. Immediately she was drawn to the pictures and "read" it over and over again! It was such a sweet moment to see her enjoying a book that I know had so much heart and love put into it. This is a book that I know we will both reach for over and over. 











I highly recommend you purchasing this book for kids of all different ages, and I know it is going to be a gift that I give often!

No comments :

Post a Comment