Sunday, April 12

Bathtub Finger Painting

Today we tried out bathtub fingerprinting...I would say it was a huge success and pretty easy! Little bit loved it and I loved that I didn't have to worry about her eating any of the "paint"
I found a recipe on Pinterest and then tweaked it to my liking. You will need a container, food coloring, flour, and baby shampoo! 
For each little compartment of finger paint I used:
2 tsp flour
1 squirt (I know very technical..I really just eyeballed it) of shampoo
2 -3 drops of food coloring
3 tsps of warm water
You just mix all of it together and ta-da! I used an old baby food container holder to put the paint in but an egg carton, ice tray, or if you have older kiddos even separate little containers would work perfectly! 

I placed the paint and little bit in the bathtub and let her go! She needed no coaxing to get started and loved it! 





 We started out with pretty colors...and then they all turned to dark dark purple..okay BLACK..when she mixed them all together! Oh if I could teach her not to mix colors :) 











 Finger painting and patty-cake go hand in hand! 




 "Who made that mess back there in my bathtub??" 
       
The cutest little paint monster!





All of the paint washed right off the tub and mostly off little bit..here is an after picture! You can see there was a little bit left on her tummy but I think that is pretty good based on how much she had on her!
Happy bathtub painting! 




No comments :

Post a Comment