Tuesday, December 3

15 Week Bump Update and Christmas Decor

...25 weeks to go! (supporting my Baylor bears tonight..sad we will be cheering them on from home this weekend but this mommy-to-be can't handle 30 below weather, even if they are playing the husbands Texas Longhorns!) 
How Far Along: 15 weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Buck is the size of an Avacado, about 4-5 inches and 3-5 oz (teeeeny tinny!!) 
Total Weight Gain: According to our last doctor visit around 6-7 pounds, though I weighed a couple of days ago and I had lost about 2 pounds...we shall see for sure in about 2 weeks! 
Gender: Don't know yet...I go back and forth everyday! Getting very anxious and ready to know, but I know it will be here before we know it! 
Maternity Clothes: I don't really need them but with this Friday being black Friday my mom and I headed out to North Park Mall for some maternity jeans to see if we could find a good deal! Well first we went to gap and I was ready to run out and never wear maternity jeans ever ever ever! They made me feel frumpy and very "mommyish"...ya ya I know thats what I am about to become but that doesn't mean I have to look like it! So we left and headed to Pea n' a Pod and I was able to find my Seven jeans that I love in a maternity style so they are perfect..and I may just wear them forever and not tell anyone! 
What I miss: Nothing really..this week has been pretty great! 
Sleep: At the beginning I could not sleep enough, it is all I ever wanted to do! Well now I am having such a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. I usually wake up a couple times a night, but my friend tells me that it is just preparing me for when our sweet baby is here! 
Cravings: My cravings are all over the place! I have to have milk and cereal for breakfast and usually one other time during the day. I'm still craving my fruit but now it feels like whatever I smell is what I want! Yesterday I was driving home from school and I first smelled french fries and wanted that, then fried chicken and just knew I needed that, and then started thinking about milk and cereal and thats all I wanted..see ALL OVER THE PLACE! If gender is based on cravings I have one confused baby! The all time favorite fruit, grapefruit with splenda on top...look how red it is! Yuummmm! (the best part is that Will is a master at cutting the grapefruit for me and does it EVERY TIME, and only sneaks a bite occasionally!) 

Best moment of the week: Lots of great moments but one of my favorites was getting see one of my favorite favorite friends, Ms. Elizabeth Murdoch. She was in town for Thanksgiving and to see her family, but I am so glad we got to have dinner at one of our favorite places, The Porch! Plus, she brought baby Buck a little stuffed Buck..I know he/she will love it, almost as much as they will love Ms. Elizabeth! 

After liz left I was looking back at the picture the hubby took of us and I found this little gem! I believe this intense conversation we are having is about how I read on my baby app this past week that with the holidays coming if you are not a fan of people touching your stomach you need to practice having a firm no to say to them, so I believe I was telling her how I had been practicing! Sometimes that hubby catches some great action shots! 

Another pretty great moment of this week was getting to decorate for Christmas!  I love love love Christmas and can't wait for baby Buck's first christmas next year! The apartment has been decorated for a bit but we finally got a tree! Now my whole life we have always had a big tree, and for most of my life it was a real tree...but since we are in an itsy bitsy teeny tiny apartment we opted for a "charlie brown"  type tree for this year..plus it was free from the parents! I used some homemade ornaments I made last year out of scraps of fabric and styrofoam balls..I'm thinking these ornaments might be staying around for a while!



I think it turned out pretty cute! I also was feeling a little crafty this weekend and created a wooden Christmas tree..maybe this is a sign of the nesting phase beginning, I'll take it if so! 

**I even managed to get all of our Christmas cards addressed and now they just need stamps and we are ready to go! I felt like such a grown up doing our own little families Christmas Cards! So be checking your mailboxes soon!**

Worst moment of the week: I think the worst part of this week was Thanksgiving being over and having to wake up to my alarm clock again! The whole break I woke up at my normal time but just naturally..something about being awake early on your own is way better than having to be awake early! 

I have been seeing all of these super cute and fun posts about Elf on the Shelf lately and it has gotten me so excited about the years to come with our sweet babes and all the traditions that we will create! Until then I currently have 20 sweet little faces that I get to create fun Christmas memories with..and even though they are 2nd graders they are eating it up, which makes this teacher very happy! This week at school we put up our class Christmas tree (one little girl brought us candy canes the next day to add to our tree because that is how they do it at her house..the kids loved it!), and I got out our Santa calendar! Tomorrow I have a training and won't be at school but I know my kids are going to have the best day ever because before I left today I decorated our door for Christmas and set out our elf, Jingle Bells! I can't wait to go back on Thursday and hear about their day! This is BY FAR my favorite time to be a teacher! 
Hope you all have a great week! 

No comments :

Post a Comment